Friday, September 28, 2007

Christmas Card with Sparkly Pink

I wanted to do something outside of my comfort zone (How tame am I!) So, here is a card with some sparkly pink. "Purely Pomegranate" is so rich enough colour that it's not all that brave though. The snowflake is inspired by the Marvelous Kimmy.

I embossed the "Snowflake Spot" snowflake with a mix of silver embossing powder, dazzling diamonds & Pearlex powder, but it just looks like silver e.p. unless you turn it on an angle--then it's slightly holographic, so you could certainly save yourself some time and don't worry about mixing! ;0) The mat is just "Purely Pomegranate" cardstock with Versamark on the edges (to save embossing powder) dipped in a mix of clear embossing powder and dazzling diamonds. That is worth mixing since it saves you having to use Heat'n'Stick powder (which is a fabulous invention for sometimes, but is also a royal pain in the tushy!) I just save my empty e.p. containers to mix in (which I have lots of 'cause I'm an embossing freakazoid) then I write the ingredients of the mix on the lid.

The silver flourishes on the "Sage Shadow" card are from the "Baroque Motifs" set. I use that stamp SO much, but I thik it has such versatility that it looks different on a variety of cards. (It is my favourite (even over the amazing "Paisley" background.) The Baroque flourishes are embossed with Silver "Encore" ink pad and that clear e.p. with dazzling diamonds mix. The ribbon is not retired (miracle of miracles) double-stitched "Purely Pomegranate." The phrase is printed in Word on "Whisper White" cardstock in Edwardian Script ITC size 26, done in a custom font colour (Colour model RGB Red:186, Green:32, Blue:102) How cool is it that you can perfect colour mixes and save the numbers of the different shades that make them? You can even adjust one colour at a time. (Yes, I am a big geek!) :0)

Thanks for checkin' this out,
:0) Mel

4 comments:

Kim Etherington said...

I love the purely pom. bg behind the snowflake.. has a total sparkly shine to it! I like the silver baroque on the sage cardstock.. has a cool look too! I love seeing you go outside your comfort zone.. keep it up my friend!

~* Tracy *~ said...

It's gorgeous how you have done the silver encore with dazzling diamonds/clear ep over it. I only have a gold encore pad, but I am going to try that :) Love all the sparkles. Pomegranite is quickly becoming one of my favourite colours :)

Michelle said...

This is gorgeous!! I love Purely Pomegranate, and you used it bravely! It's so beautiful!

Shealagh K said...

Great wording, beautiful choice in colour!!