Wednesday, December 12, 2007

More Stamp Carving (more Christmas secrets!)

Another fantastic family member of mine has been unceremoniously booted from the blog, since I just had to post more lino stamps. These are of an outrigger (since she paddles with a passion.)

At first the dang thing looked like a Viking ship (or a gondolla!) Exhibit A:


It felt too full in the body of the boat...I'm hoping it looks a little more "outriggerish" now though. Exhibit B:

The one on the right (on torn paper) is the original full-figured outrigger, lol. In the re-carving, I was going for a sleeker look and a lighter feel to the image. I sure hope it looks like an outrigger to Esther! :0) Want to see several tutorials on how to carve your own stamps? Please click here or here.

Thanks so much for checkin' this out. Hope you're having as much fun as I am with your holiday preparations,
:0) Mel

0 comments: