Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sewing themed Fab Flower & More Moist Kissing

The Basic Grey paper called ""Drive in the Country" inspired this card (Stella Ruby ste-722 .) I just LURVE the way the River Rock & Tempting Turquoise cardstocks go with this designer paper. I added to the Basic Grey paper by stamping. I rarely use my beloved above the mark stamps, but there was a text bit on the BG paper that reminded me of them so much that I had to pull them out.

Some tricks I tried while making this card:

Stamp the background images on (in Basic Brown) & moist kiss the flower. Then, draw glue onto petals, & glitter 'em

Stamp a background stamp; then, sponge with coordinating colour wash
Draw stitches with glue pen & glitter them
Use cutting mat as guide to paper pierce holes for Brads
Make your own subtle d.p. for cards by stamping inside & out of card with background in Versamark ink
This is basic, but it might be useful: If you're like me, you often leave the phrase 'til the end & often stamp it crooked. Instead of stamping directly, just stamp on cardstock & cut it out.

Steps to make this card:

1....Stamp background images (sewing stamps by Above the Mark)in Basic Brown
2....Moist kiss [tutorial here] image in Tempting Turquoise onto Basic Grey paper ["Drive in the Country" Stella Ruby-ste-722 .]
3....Paint petals, to define, with light wash of Tempting Turquoise.
4.....Draw glue onto petals (covering them) & glitter them lightly (turquoise.)
5....Stamp Paisley background stamp in Tempting Turquoise on River Rock c.s.; then, sponge with light coordinating colour wash. Trim it & cut out center. Adhering this mat requires good coverage to prevent warping.
6....Cut (smallest)
Choc. Chip mat,draw stitches (Sakura glue pen) & glitter them.
7. ...Cut final (largest) Choc. Chip mat, distress & stick mats to each other.
8.... Pierce holes in mat with paper piercer (line up on cutting mat for evenness.)
9....Create band at left side by punching BG paper with notebook punch, sticking to Chocolate Chip c.s. & highlighting with Sakura glitter pen.
10....Stamp card (in & out) with background (sewing themed) in versamark
11....Stamp sentiment on River Rock in Basic Brown & cut it out, Distress it.
12....Adhere everything & Distress edges of card.
13....Glue bead in center of flower with Crystal Effects


Thanks for checkin' this out,

:0) Mel

11 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, this card is so pretty, love the flower and thanks for sharing how you created the wonderful background paper

Becky G said...

Mel, you never cease to amaze me with your stamping talents! This ia gorgeous!!! Thanks for all the nice deets!

SBS2 Becky

Gabby said...

Mellisa...I am lovin all your work! It's so nice and unique! Beautiful!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your so kind comments! :) P.S. I am CRACKING UP at the picture of I asume it's you with the bubbles and the duckie! Classic!!! LOL!!!

Maria said...

Hi Mel!

Your card is fabulous and thank you for the step by step instructions! Your card is very elegant and the colors are such a nice combination. Beautiful job!

Maria

My Paper World said...

This is Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing the details!

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial! I love the card you did too. So nice!

Bonnie said...

Another beautiful creation by Mel!! This is gorgeous and I am green with envy - again!!

Becky G said...

Hey Mel, I've already commented on this card but just wanted to say, I love the new blog banner! Those flowers are gorgeous!!!!

Crystal Ware said...

Wow, this is so pretty. Love the color of the flower.

Mary Duffek said...

All I can say is "How cool is that!"
What an awesome card and Blog. I found your blog though a post by Kim Hughes (PaperHugs). So I thought I'd jump on over and take a looksey!
Lovey your style!

Kim Etherington said...

Cool card. Love those flowers. Maybe, next time we get together we'll make some of those flowers.