Friday, November 15, 2013

'Thank You' speech bubble - free Silhouette cut file


thank you speech bubble card

Just a simple little card made with my favourite digital paper of all time. The hearts & the speech bubble sentiment were cut using my Silhouette machine. Which I think I'm finally getting the hang of... :-) (I've found that slowing the speed down a little helps to get clean cuts, so that's great!)

To jazz up the hearts, I used this Hero Arts Flower Corsage stamp (embossed in white on the big yellow heart), this Tim Holtz Reflections Words text stamp (on the little yellow heart on tracing paper), silver & white pens, distress inks in oranges & yellow, and this flower vine paper freebie...


 47-tropical_beach_letter_size_300dpi




How to save this single paper directly from my blog:

PC users in Firefox/Chrome: Click on the paper you want & it will open a new window, 
then right click on the image & choose "save link as" 
PC users in Explorer: Click on the paper you want & it will open a new window, 
then right click on the image & choose "save target as"
 .
Mac users: Please visit the flickr links for each paper, then right click select 'all sizes'
& click on "download the original size of this photo"
 

free cut file


Sometimes the best cutting files seem to be the most basic ones. I thought 
I'd share this one in case anyone else wants to cut it with their Silhouette:

thank you speech bubble - free silhouette cut file


114804-magic-marker-icon-arrows-arrow-dotted-DOWN

It's designed so that all of the centers of the letters stay in the cut piece
(so that the only fussy-to-glue piece is the bit in the tail of the letter 'y')

 The solid-shaped piece of the cut file (on top) is sized to fit behind the 
word bubble so that you can add whatever colour to the letters you like.

You could change the text or just use the plain speech bubble of course.

 ---------------------------


Tiny_antique_graph_paper_Moroccan_tile_Spritzed_Stencil

This digital work is offered up for free, but mainly for personal use or handmade sale items only.





Happy Weekend,



15 comments:

Artes de Nágela said...

Mel,
You are fantastic!!
Thanks for this share more of your talent!
Have a great weekend!

Myrna said...

Thank you so much for sharing. Such pretty paper. I love the thank you bubble.
A year or so ago I printed a paper that had just the thin branches, similar to the ones you have here. I am unable to find where I found it but am wondering if by any chance you had posted it?
Myrna

alexandra s.m. said...

Love love your card and the beautiful papers!
Thank You so much.
(I'm trying to visit you @ Chez Mel...it looks like it's gone?)

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

That is brilliant to design it so the inside of the letters stick with the word! I will have to remember that when working with text. Thanks for the cute freebie!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Love your speech bubble, thank you so much for sharing! Susan x

Donna said...

You are such a multi-talented and generous woman. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Loopylou. said...

oh my thats gorgeous Mel and thank you for the thank you too!! :) its so lovely to see mel posts again
huge hugs Lou xxx

Crafty Judith said...

Fantastic work fantastic lady ty so much for sharing x

Elena said...

Thank you for sharing it with us!

Nicky said...

Mille mercis Mel pour tout ce travail si généreusement offert !
amitiés de France

Nicky

Dotty Jo said...

Totally fabulous as always Mel, Jo x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect timing -I used this is the retro sketch tonight! TY so much for these freebies!!

Anonymous said...

Your designs are always so beautiful, Mel! Thanks so much for sharing them :)
Lately I've been too experimenting a lot with the Cameo and the possibilities are endless!

Leslie Hanna said...

What they all said before me. :D:D:D

Once I set up my desk and unpack my Silhouette I hope to get back to using it more. THANKS!!!!!

kReN said...

Oh my! Now I am wishing I owned a Silhouette!

Your friend,
kRen


Come and follow me!
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com