Monday, December 17, 2007

Housewarmin' :0)

Friends of ours bought their first house near us. We're so excited that they'll be nearby! I made this little token for them. Love that Right at Home set. It was the first time I had an occasion to use it. The soap is covered with a strip of Baby Paisley paper by Bohemia. I just backed it with a piece of aliminum tape so the paper would resist the oils. Then tied it with Martha ribbon (piped-nylon 3/8" Cloud.) For directions on how to make the soap please see this tutorial.

Card details" Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, and Not Quite Navy c.s. I embossed the houses with Chocolate Chip craft & clear e.p. then water-coloured with Chocolate Chip & Not Quite Navy craft ink.

Thanks for taking time out of your day,
:0) Mel

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

The card is great, love the colors and your coloring and what a great idea for the soap, so simple but does pack a punch.

Alhambra Club said...

The card is great, love the colors and your coloring and what a great idea for the soap, so simple but does pack a punch.

Becky G said...

How nice to have your friends move near you! The card you made is great! Love the colors and the DP you used!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, this is so nice! I love it! I need to move in to your neighborhood so that I can get some pretty goodies :D