The "Loved-it" purse template from SU makes a cute little purse, but when I tried to add 3" note cards to make a it a gift set, it was falling over. So I widened the bottom & scanned it for you to use. Here's the altered template. It works with SU's 3" envelopes or there's this three inch envelope template to make your own.
The techniques this card set uses are:
- Glue pen embossing
- My version of Faux Suede (SO easy that it's like cheating.)
Faux suede glue pen emboss resist tutorial:
1. Print an image. I used this triangular banner from this great clip art site:
2. Lighten the banner (using photo software) & print it (I printed it on Perfect plum cardstock.)
3. Add glue pen embossing over the printer lines
- Trace lines with a Sakura Quickie glue pen
- Emboss the wet glue pen with clear e.p. & heat
Told ya it was easy. And it really looks like suede in person, honest.
The purse template is available for download in this forum post.
Putting the template in the corner to trace it, saves cutting time & cardstock. If you mark a 1/4 inch long line for the score lines then shift the template up & use the first top lines that you marked to make similar markings on the bottom, then you can erase them and have no visible lines on your image. (If that makes no sense--'cuz you're visual like me :0)--then just see the pictures below (click 'em for a better view):
Cardstock for the purse is Perfect Plum. The glue pen embossed section is done separately & adhered with double-sided tape. The handle is made with wire & dollar store seed beads. The eyelets keep it from tearing. There are also eyelets to keep the purse closed with ribbon. (I'll add a photo as soon as those blammed camera batteries are charged) ;0) The ribbon is hand-dyed (SU's white taffeta.) Tutorial here & types that work well here
(Though you may want to add a little note to your recipient so they know that--or permanently affix the front) :0)
Note Card Details
Perfect Plum cardstock stamped with Riot of Petals background stamp in Whisper White craft ink. Distress embossed with clear embossing powder (just over heat it until you see dark lines around, but avoid scorching.) Hand-dyed ribbon (SU's white taffeta.) Round faux suede "hi" is done with the same glue pen emboss resist and punched with a 1" circle punch.
Happy Craftin' Crafty People! :0)
P.S. More searches on that clip art site:
blank keyword search here.
I found that searches for the keywords banner & flower turned up some lovely things.
Some other glue pen embossing projects
(it can give you so many different looks!):
- Acrylic alphabet background
- Silver with black resist & faux-bleach with no bleach
- Silver on Soft Sky textile pattern
- Water coloured poppy
- Black flowers & textile pattern link
- How-to lighten images to print & white on white embossing
- The original tutorial & embroidery pattern links
- Glue-pen Embossing with multiple colours of embossing powder!
- Detailed glue pen emboss resist
- Embossing hand-written sentiments